3.1. Registration Information; Usernames. In order to use the Application, we may require that you complete a registration form so that you are a Registered User. Our registration forms will specify the information which you must provide in order to register, which may include such items as (i) name; (ii) phone number; (iii) birth date; and (iv) email address. Our registration forms may additionally request information, which you may, at your option, choose to provide or withhold. The registration process provides Registered Users with the ability to establish an account through Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging, which allows them to gain access to certain areas of the Website and Application that are accessible only to Registered Users. By becoming a Registered User, you consent to receiving an SMS text message from us as part of the registration process.
3.3. Communications with Us. Registered Users may wish to provide us with comments, questions, and/or feedback concerning our Application/Website or the Services. By communicating with us, you may provide us with Personal Data. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information unless otherwise required by law.
3.4. Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Application/Website may allow Registered Users to participate in surveys and/or questionnaires, which we may post via the Application/Website from time to time. You are free to choose whether you participate in a survey or questionnaire. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personal Data in order to participate in the surveys. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information unless otherwise required by law. Survey and questionnaire information may be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of our Application/Website or for marketing purposes.
3.6. Your PayPal Username and Email Address. Our Application may allow Registered Users to convert Fan Points into United States Dollars (“USD”), or redeem Fan Points for USD, via PayPal, in accordance with Section 7 of our Terms of Service. You are free to choose whether to participate in such conversion or redemption. However, if you choose to connect your tv Party account with your PayPal account, we will have access to, and store, the username and/or email address you use for your PayPal account. In this instance, we use your PayPal account information to process requested transactions.
3.7. Third Party Sources. We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Data with data we obtain from our services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the services.
3.8.1. IP Addresses; Logs. Company may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your mobile device), your mobile device's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Application/Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes.
3.8.2. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s or mobile device's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Application/Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Application/Website. If you want to block the use and saving of cookies from the Application/Website, you should take the necessary steps within your web browser’s settings to block all cookies from the Application/Website and its external serving vendors. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you may not be able to access some or all of our Services. For information on how to disable cookies, refer to your browser’s documentation.
3.8.6. Geolocation Information. The Application may utilize the GPS feature on your mobile device to determine your location (your “Geolocation Information”). You must enable the GPS/location services for the Application on your mobile device in order for certain features of the Application to function effectively. We will obtain your consent to collect and process your Geolocation Information as required by law.
5. How We Use Your Data. We may use your Personal Data for a variety of different purposes as set out in further detail below. In some cases, we will ask for your consent so that we may process your Personal Data. However, in certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your Personal Data without needing to obtain your consent. Subject to applicable law, the purposes for which we use and process your Personal Data, and the legal basis for such processing, are set forth below. 5.1. In certain cases, subject to applicable law, consent is not required, including:
5.1.1. For the performance of a contract. To perform our contractual obligations to you, including to fulfill your request for our products, programs, services, orders, or purchases you have made, to perform contractual obligations pursuant to your status as a Registered User, to contact you in relation to any issues with your registration or account, in relation to the provision of the services and administration of your account, where we need to provide your Personal Data to our service providers, or to take steps in response to information or inquiries you may submit prior to entering into a contract with us, such as to fulfill your request to become a Registered User.
5.1.2. To comply with legal obligations. To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
5.1.3. Legitimate interests. To operate our organization and provide the services, other than in performing our contractual obligations to you, for our “legitimate interests” for the purposes of applicable law, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of Personal Data. Legitimate interests may include:
To maintain the Application/Website and provide the products and Services, including for technical support;
To administer your membership, verify your age, identity, and/or payment details, and to authenticate and authorize access to the Application/Website and our Services;
To communicate with you regarding the services or your account, including to provide you important notices regarding your account or changes to our Terms of Service;
To address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints;
To protect the confidentiality or security of information;
To develop, provide, and improve the Application/Website and Services, including to better tailor the features, performance, and support of our products, services, and the Application/Website, and for statistical and analytics purposes;
For our direct marketing purposes;
To send surveys in connection with our services;
For fraud, loss, and other crime prevention purposes, including screening orders for potential fraud risk;
To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process; or
Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with a contemplated reorganization or an actual reorganization of our business, in connection with financing, a sale or other transaction involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction.
5.1.4. To protect data subject’ vital interests. To protect the vital interests of you or of another person.
5.2. In some cases where we are not already authorized to process the Personal Data under applicable law, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data, including:
5.2.1. Marketing. Where we are not relying on our legitimate interests or another legal basis for processing Personal Data, we may ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments, or services which we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes.
5.2.2. Special Categories of Personal Data. We generally do not collect or require special categories of Personal Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information, biometric data, or sexual orientation) in order to access our Application or Site or to become a Registered User. In the event we may need to collect such information to provide a specific service to you, we will obtain your consent as required by law. In certain circumstances, subject to applicable law, we may process or otherwise disclose special categories of Personal Data without your consent, such as to protect the vital interests of you or of another person.
7.1. Company Application/Website Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Application/Website, providing services related to the Application/Website, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, technical support, marketing and advertising, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personal Data with these companies (collectively, “Company Vendors”). We will provide Company Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and Company Vendors are prohibited from using your Personal Data for any other purpose.
7.2. Uploading Content to Social Media. When you use our Application/Website to upload content to other websites (e.g., sharing on Facebook or Twitter), we may submit some of your Personal Data may be transmitted to these websites, but only as necessary to provide the service you have requested. Please note that your interactions with these other websites are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing those websites.
7.4. Legal. Company may disclose your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or as otherwise pursuant to legal process. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personal Data, we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted or feasible.
7.6. Statement to Residents of the European Economic Area. Our disclosure is limited to circumstances where we are permitted to do so under applicable European and national data protection laws and regulations.
9. Data Subject Rights. Data subjects in the European Economic Area and certain other jurisdictions may have certain rights under applicable data protection law, including the right to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data. Where we are processing your Personal Data, subject to applicable law, you also have the right to:
Request access to, modification or rectification, or deletion. You may have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of your Personal Data we maintain. Please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Application/Website and any associated Services.
Request restriction of processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you believe that the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or our processing is unlawful.
Data portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you provided to us or to request that we transmit your Personal Data to another data controller.
Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To exercise your rights, you may contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org. As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, portability, restriction, and/or deletion. Furthermore, where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity in order to respond to your request.
10. Discretionary Account Information. Opt-Out; Withdrawing Consent; Deleting Information.
10.1. Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over Personal Data, if you are a Registered User, you can change or update certain discretionary information associated with your account that you have previously submitted via the Application or the Website, including your contact information.
10.2. Opt-Out. If you receive bulletins, updates, or other promotional communications or marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline - or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. You may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in these e-mail communications. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com to opt-out of direct marketing. Please understand that you may not be allowed to "opt-out" of service or transactional messages or formal notices concerning operation of this Application/Website, or legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Application/Website.
10.4. Deleting Information. Finally, if you choose to do so, you may manually delete your account from the Application. (To do so, open the Application, access the “Settings” page from your “My Profile” page, and select “Delete Account.”) Alternatively, we will do so for you, if you so request. Deleting your account will remove your name and all other Personal Data from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Application/Website and any associated Services. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
11. Transfer of Data. Please note that if you are visiting the Site or using the Application from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. If you are located outside of the United States, the transfer of Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the requested information, products, and services and/or to perform any requested transaction. By using any portion of the Application or Site, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States.
12. Data Retention. We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or membership or for as long as is necessary to provide the products or services, or for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable law. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
14. Security. We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Data you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. Please understand, though, that this information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided by or submitted to Company. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
15. Age Eligibility; Advisory. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR APPLICATION/WEBSITE AND SERVICES. The content on our Application is for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY, and we do not permit anyone under the age of 18 (or the applicable age of majority in a user's jurisdiction) from downloading, registering, accessing, or otherwise using our Application and any related Services. We do not direct the Application/Website to anyone under the age of eighteen, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose the personal information of children. If you become aware that an individual under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that an individual under 18 years has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data as permitted by law.
16. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information (as defined by California law) by Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As described above, we do not disclose users' personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Nevertheless, if you wish to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Some Whatever LLC, 1333a North Ave #210 New Rochelle, NY 10804, Attention: Legal.
17. Do Not Track Notice. Certain web browsers allow consumers to enable "do not track" signals through which a consumer can signal to websites and online services whether the consumer approves of the collection of Personal Data about its online activities over time and across third-party websites and online services. Our Website and Application do not respond to "do not track" signals.
20. Further Resources. If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following site: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html
21. Contact Us. You may contact us, for any reason, by e-mail as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE. Copyright © 2019 Some Whatever LLC. All Rights Reserved.